FHA/VA Mobile Home Permanent Foundation Retrofit
by Landowners Construction, LLC

Home   Realtor Handout (pdf)   Lender Handout (pdf)   FAQs   Service Area   FHA Lenders   Requirements

Frequently Asked Questions

Hey... what is a retrofit anyway?

Retrofit - (rět'rō-fĭt') - An instance of modernizing or expanding with new or modified parts, devices, systems, or equipment

The term retrofit is widely used across many industries. For the mobile home industry, it mostly applies to the foundation.

Why do I need one of these retrofits?
The existing foundation system needs to be modified in order to sustain 80+ mile/hour winds, plus we may need to identify and correct other safety, structural, and drainage issues.

Do you jack up the house?
Not the whole house. We lift up only in the areas we are working on, and only enough to loosen the wedges for pier removal.

Do you level the house?
Not with this service. We do offer that service, but it is seperate. Call us for an estimate. 318-459-2929.

How long does it take?
It takes only one day to finish the work, and up to 3 business days for the engineer to inspect and produce their report that the lender will need. Usually it's the very next morning.

How quickly can you get the work started?
Usually 1-2 business days after we receive the order and get a signed contract.

How does this apply to me?
Most manufactured homes out in the market today were just set on a relatively level lot, directly on top of the dirt with some dirt anchors and straps in place. There was no oversight into the quality of the installation, and FHA has produced guidelines that both they and the VA want to follow so they don't end up with a problem property if they end up foreclosing on it.

My house has been fine for the last [15] years and everything is fine... do I need a retrofit?
Well, that depends on if anyone had an FHA/VA loan on the same house sometime in the past. If that is the case, then most likely the answer would be no. But, if not, and you want to sell or refinance your loan with an FHA one, the answer is definitely YES.