FHA Anchoring Modifications are required to establish compliance with the guidelines noted in the
“Permanent Foundation Guide For Manufactured Housing,” Sept. 1996 (Ref: FHA HUD-7584/7587 HUD-4145.1 Rev. 2).
NOTE: Additions to the property (porches, decks, deck covers, roof decks, room additions, carports, etc) must be
installed in accordance with HUD Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (CFR3280) in order to not compromise the integrity of the existing structure.
- Porches/Decks above 30” and staircases with more than 3 steps must have a handrail.
- All additions must be self-supporting to the ground where they meet the original structure, in order to "not affect the structural integrity of the existing structure".
- Water must not stream, stand, puddle, or pool under the structure.
- Tongue(s) and axles must be removed in order for structure to be considered permanent.
- Skirting must completely encompass the crawlspace and not have holes larger than a dime, and few at that, in order to prevent vermin and water intrusion.
- Some lenders require the skirting to be braced from behind with framework (treated lumber or metal) to resist movement near the bottom of the skirting.
- We do not need to be the contractor for any part of the above. You are free to do the work yourselves or hire your favorite contractor. Please contact us for detailed work descriptions.